I call this photo “shadow selfie” (snapped during my 12-mile run last Saturday).
The start of a new year means yet another blogiversary for me. I now have a whopping five years of random snippets and apertures under my too-large belt. I’ve written 1,307 posts and have never missed answering the blogging bell on Monday through Friday.
But that’s about to change.
As much as I really enjoy writing and oversharing photos, the time has come to move in a slightly different direction. Of course, it doesn’t help that my two main characters, aka my sons, Jake and C.J., are in college and aren’t giving me lots of new blogging material. And there are only so many sleep pics that I can snap of them when they are at home (they are so lazy!).
But I’ve also found that I need more time to work on projects (such as slurping this blog into books and finally catching up on the boys’ scrapbooks, where “catching up” means “actually starting them”; gotta love being 22 years behind!) and decluttering.
So I’ve decided to cut down my posting schedule to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I might occasionally chime in on a Tuesday and/or Thursday, but that will be the exception instead of my five-year rule. It’ll be interesting to assess after six months or so whether I’ve accomplished a lot or merely spent time watching lots of Jimmy Fallon on YouTube (C.J.’s current obsession).
One thing’s for sure . . . .
Always love those reflections!
There still will be plenty of photos, especially of nature during my morning walks and jogs, posted here. That will stay the same.
Thanks for continuing to be part of my journey!
Posted in iPhone, nature, reflections
Tagged blogiversary, C.J., change, iPhone 5S, Jake, Jimmy Fallon, nature, reflections, selfie, Telfair
Comb needed STAT for two of us!
This is what I learned during a loooooong day-into-night trip to and from San Antonio yesterday to visit our older son:
1) A lot about Tommy James (and a little about the Shondells) on the way there (he hosted his own show) and back (Cousin Brucie talked to him) on Sirius XM’s Sixties on 6. It was fascinating! Children behave!!
2) We always always always love seeing our sons! It was such a boost to my heart to spend time with my sweet, blue-eyed boy for the first time in seven weeks. Skyping simply isn’t enough for this mama bear.
3) We’re looking forward to our UTSA collegian graduating in May and moving back to the Houston area, so we don’t have to endure those long car rides, though.
4) Despite all the fun the Mister and I had harmonizing (well, to our tin ears) to all that fab and groovy 1960s music, I did contemplate divorcing him when he ordered the St. Louis-style ribs at Tony Roma’s after I told him not to. He knows how this lifelong Cubs fan feels about the Cardinals!
5) Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger make a good team (it’s hard to understand both of them) in “Escape Plan,” the movie we saw with our son. Yes, there was plenty of bad language and a ridiculous amount of violence. But the story was good, and we loved the ending.
6) Finally, it’s very tough to take a selfie plus two on my iPhone 5S and properly center it (as the evidence above proves). As my clever son quipped, “That’s why they call it a ‘selfie’ and not a ‘triofie!'”
Miss you already, kiddo!
Posted in family, iPhone, movies, University of Texas at San Antonio
Tagged "Escape Plan", #1 son, Arnold Schwarzenegger, family, iPhone 5S, San Antonio, selfie, Sirius XM, Sylvester Stallone, the Mister, Tommy James, Tony Roma's
Snapped at Tilt Studio; need to remember to keep my left eye open